16.7.12

music

It's so hard to listen to music these days.  Maybe it's because I'm not in that college/post-college music discovery stage anymore.  I mean I have a section on the right side menu that's just links to music sites.  Before today, the last time that I went on all of them in the same day was probably more than a year ago.  I used to go to those sites everyday!  When I was in Hawaii, I just listened to the radio but that was mainly just for background noise.  I never got out of the car and thought, "Damn, I need to figure out what song that was!"  Because I wasn't really listening.  I could sing some top 40 or jawaiian jams word for word, but not because I was listening to it.  If you're listening to the same songs on the radio everyday you'll eventually remember EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.  Even when I wasn't in Hawaii, but back in SF I seriously think that for that last 6 months that I was there I only listened to Yuck.  I didn't even try to think of a best music of 2011 post or anything like that.  I didn't listen to anything else!  I remember closing up the Onigilly cart and blasting the song "Rubber."  I swear that the other vendors around us would automatically know what time it was when they heard that song.

 It's weird reminiscing about music.

Also, around that time was when I was playing music with Evan, Kevin, and Hank.  Also, I'm still shredding on my ukulele whenever I can.  I don't think playing music and seeking music out are connected.  Maybe to some it is but not me.

I don't know why I just stopped being so interested into music.  I know that what I like now I'll most likely keep on liking for a long time.





These songs have the same kind of energy.

Might as well take the time to post some of Ben's pictures too.

Only One Way DownReflectionThe Horizon

No comments:

Post a Comment