29.3.10

all nighters till i die

The only times that I've been up to see night turn into day, to see the pitch blackness be slowly over taken by a blue tinge of light and then a thin streak of orange cut through the air like the knife through spam that I will be frying up pretty soon, has been when I attempt to stay up all night and complete whatever assignment/s I set out for myself. I usually doze off and awake with an arm or book drizzled in a little drool. I go to splash cold water on my face and by my 5th time doing this, I stare at the Microsoft word document displeased and worried.

I think I can turn this light off now as outside is getting brighter, slowly. Nope, it's still too dark. With the hum of the fridge and chirping of the birds, I rest my head back against this not-meant-to-be-sat-on-for-more-than-an-hour wooden dinner chair. I wonder who's awake upstairs. I hear footsteps. I hate them. I keep looking at the clock but want to stay here even though my bum is sore. These chairs are not good to slouch in. I'll go change out of these sweatpants, brush my teeth with my now what I think to be normal sized toothbrush, grab some little mandarin oranges and go to school. I wonder if I'll miss this.

1 comment:

  1. Man do I know this feeling. I just had it last night. I stayed up till 3 only to fall asleep with 1 page done out of 5. I crammed the rest during my break before it was due. Unfortunately there's more of this to come depending on what kind of job you go into.

    ReplyDelete