8.7.12

Books

I've been reading a lot more than I have since elementary school.  Anyone else remember book-it?  I don't know if it was called something else in the mainland, but you would just keep track of how many books you read a week and then got a coupon for a personal pan pizza at pizza hut.  I remember that my favorite author was Gary Paulsen (The Hatchet).  Now I would probably be snooty about it and say Malcolm Gladwell (Blink, Tipping Point), depending on who was asking I might say Max Brooks (World War Z).  I never really used to read fiction because I never knew what genre I liked best.  So being that defeatist that I am, I would read non-fiction since you can literally read a book by its cover and not worry about losing interest later on.  Right now I'm reading Ender's Game, Korean Made Easy, Teaching English to Young Learners, and American Sniper.  Still haven't finished Tina Fey's autobiography.  I'm putting that one on hold as the books I'm reading now seem more pertinent.  Not really American Sniper though.  I don't think I even got through the first chapter yet.  I think this post is mainly for my mom who reads a lot too.  Going to teach 5th grade now.  I'll try to post more pictures later since every post has been pretty text heavy. 

1 comment: