4.9.22

9 Years Later: Still Serious

SO, Rinko has suggested that I start weblogging, aka blogging, again. I thought would be a not so bad idea so here I am. I also just got a new GAMING keyboard with RGB lighting and very clickity-clackity keys so this should be a good test. I think that last time I regularly used a normal style keyboard like this was from our old family PC before going away to college. After that it was mainly laptop keyboards. Just a noticeable thing that I noticed. 

My first writing prompt is about my experience in rad tech school. My experience in rad tech school. My experience in rad tech school. I repeated it because it sounds so light as that phrase but I have attached so much weight to that word "experience" that I can never just talk about it lightly. I feel like it was more than an experience. I'm starting to think like Rinko where she always thinks that the words I'm using seem to limit the ideas that I'm trying to express. I felt like rad tech school was a whole nother life. I don't know I'm basically trying to say that rad tech school felt bigger to me that the word "experience" holds. 
 
Ahh, fuck. I feel like I'm already going too big with my goals of this post. I'm just going off the top of my head too so maybe trying to talk about it in a more confined way will help me to stay on track. I like time so I'll organize it in different phases. 

Moving to Hawai'i, LCC, and Sadie's/Whole Foods (late 2018 - early 2020) 
This was the first part. Moving right after Kevin's wedding, we arrived in Hawai'i in the later part of 2018. The transition was hard to say the least. Not as hard as I thought it was going to be but I feel like anytime I look back on the past, I'm usually more negative so, ya it was still hard. We tried to make the best of it though. The thing that I sometimes forget about our time in LA was that Rinko and I barely saw each other. I had a normal 9-5 weekday schedules and Rinko had a more evening weekends schedule. I can't remember exactly but I don't think we had a full day off together before we moved to Hawai'i. So ya, even though the transitioning aspect was hard, like living in a tiny bedroom with my almost ENTIRE family or trying to find jobs, we got to spend a lot of time together. 

In very Jacob style, I worked as a server at Sadie's. And in very Jacob style, I hated it. I just thought it would be more convenient to stay close to home and school. I don't know why I thought that was a god idea. The money was good enough though and I met some cool people. After I realized that I would have to wait almost one full year before I could apply to the rad tech program at KCC, I quit Sadie's and got a job at Whole Foods in the Speciality Department. This was a cool experience because it got me to like fancy foods like cheese, olives, and craft beers. I would stay working there until I started full time school. 

In terms of my rad tech school experience, each semester I was just taking 2 prerequisite classes at a time but this was the first time in my academic career that I can say that I actually tried as hard as I could to get the best grades possible. Now that I've finished my rad tech school journey, I can honestly say that during this period of taking classes at LCC, I was the best student that I've ever been in my life. I wouldn't say that I take that much pride in that statement because I think anyone can do what I did. It was more so a feeling of like this thought of "Hmm, I always thought that I had this ability to be smart or be a good student but never put any effort into doing it well so I'm glad that I finally tried and showed myself that I could actually do it."

I just looked through my google photos to double check if I missed anything but besides Rinko going to Japan after she dropped the tray full of dishes for the second time, this was one of the longest times that I stayed with Rinko I think. So even though this beginning part of this rad tech school journey was basically the transition, I would describe it as a more simple time where I was a good student and I was with Rinko often which is always a plus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment