18.3.10

I was almost a business major

What if a college education just isn't for everyone?


Hmm, just lemme get some thoughts out of the way so that I don't ramble on later.
  • People should to go school after high school to learn about something that they're interested in. Not to make money.
  • Higher education is too expensive. Why should people get put into debt because they want to learn more?
  • Nevermind. These bullet points just make me more confused.
Anyways,

I read this article while changing out the newspapers at the library and it sparked off a lot of things in my head. Seeing as how I sometimes think about things too much, I often dwell on my shittyness as a student. I am a bad student. I am not good at school. I still try to cram or finish homeworks five minutes before class starts just like how I used to do early in the morning in the 7th grade, when things school first got "hard". I used to cheat all the time in high school and think back to the nostalgic days of copy and paste essays. Now in college, I turn things in late and try to pull as much things out of my bum as I can during tests. I am not good at school. BUT, that doesn't mean that I don't like to learn.

If I could have constructed my college curriculum, at a school that had every possible class ever, in a way that would make me a good student, I'd take a bunch of Asian and American history, Chinese, Korean and Japanese language, probably some sociology and anthropology, basic politics and economics, some philosophy, shallow theology courses, and photography and music make is more artsy. Also, maybe some science, like meteorology or evolutionism. No math. No speech bullshit classes. No ethics. No business. No literature or English classes.

The longest paper that I will have to write for whatever class will be 5 pages, including the title page and bibliography. And the principal way of figuring out my grade will be through deep one on one convos with the teacher and a machine that will attach itself to my head that analyzes how much of information I have truly absorbed and understand.

2 comments:

  1. I understand your point, but i think you would still get an F when it comes to the head machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha i love your vision of how you will be evaluated.

    ReplyDelete